The Land Of Lemons & Honey
Written By Rebecca Caughey
Often at this time of year we are fighting winter sniffles with the loaded lemon trees in our backyards. Not that this is a cocktail for medicinal purposes, but it’s exactly what we all seem to long for in July.
The delicious warming aromatics of Seedlip Spice 94 are brought to life with Lemon Peels & Mānuka Honey. Not to mention the bubbles of the Almighty Blood Orange Sparkling water giving us the pick up we all need!
- 175ml Almighty Blood Orange Sparkling Water
- 50ml Seedlip Spice 94
- 35ml Lemon & Mānuka Honey Water
- Garnish: Mānuka Sprig
- Glassware: Stemless Wine Glass
- In a tall tumbler, measure and pour 50ml Seedlip Spice 94 and 35ml Lemon & Mānuka Honey Water.
- Add ice to the top of your glass.
- Slowly pour over Almighty Blood Orange Sparkling Water. (Approximately 175ml)
- Stir lightly with bar spoon to ensure the cocktail is mixed well.
- Garnish with a sprig of Mānuka
LEMON & MĀNUKA HONEY WATER RECIPE:
- Peel 3 Lemons and add peels to a medium sized bowl.
- Add 1 Cup of Mānuka Honey on top of these and mix around with a wooden spoon.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to sweat.
- Add ½ Cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve honey.
- Muddle peels then cover bowl.
- Allow to sit for an hour.
- Strain peels& honey mixture into another bowl through a wide sieve.
- Once this has strained well, you are almost done.
- Funnel the liquid into a bottle with a lid.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.